My friends this is the outline of the sermon that was preached last Sunday. Thought we would put it in the blog, to give those who desire an opportunity to look the verses up and enjoy the Word of God and the incredible wonderful miracle of the birth of the Incarnate God into our world; and what it guarantees those who accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
We live in a world of two kinds of Christmases. One a secular or family centered Christmas; where we celebrate Christmas with family, giving and receiving gifts, decorating trees, going to parties and wishing folks good will and peace. Of course nothing inherently wrong with this kind of celebration as long as we who are Christ-followers have the foundation the Biblical truths of Christmas as the center of our lives and our Celebration.
A BIBLICAL CELEBRATION OF CHRISTMAS Rom. 5: 1-11
We Celebrate Christmas Because:
1. It is revelation of God’s grace, love, and mercy to a lost world, 6-8.
2. Because we are saved through the life, death and resurrection of this Incarnate God, 6, 8, 9, 10.
3. Those who believe:
• Are rescued from wrath, 9.
• Have peace with God (reconciled), 10, 11.
• Are justified, 4:24-25; 5:1, 9.
4. We are given the gift of eternal life through the Holy Spirit:
• That stands in grace, 2.
• That is anchored in unlimited hope, 2, 4, 5.
• That experiences God’s steadfast love, 5.
• That is to be joyful, 2, 3, 11.
5. An eternal life initiated in and by faith only, 1, 2.
Questions or concerns about this sermon email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to listen to this sermon it is found at http//:www.pinellasgrace.org.